From the shade of our eyes to the arch of our brow, genes shape the subtle nuances that define us. But what if, amidst our inherited blueprints, there’s a glitch—a mutation that leads to disease?
Gene therapies, which now dominate the FDA pipeline with million-dollar price tags, offer promise of potential cures for conditions once deemed incurable. But as these therapies transition from targeting ultra-rare conditions to addressing more prevalent diseases, it becomes critical for stakeholders to prepare for potential financial risks.
So, how do brokers, employer groups, TPAs, plans and pharmaceutical companies navigate this promising yet perplexing landscape? This insight guide seeks to explain the intricacies of the new gene therapy frontier, its promises, its challenges and the roadmap to harnessing its potential responsibly.
Download our gene therapy insight guide to explore:
- How Gene Therapy Works: Beyond the Blueprint of Life
- A Quick History & Innovation Milestones
- The Price of Progress & the FDA Pipeline
- Predictions for the Future Landscape
- Recommended Next Steps for Industry Stakeholders